Saturday, January 24, 2009

My thoughts on 'Life without friends.'

Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.

-Aristotle


Is that true? How do you imagine your life without friends?


My answer to this question would be very simple: I just can’t imagine it without the ones, whom I can trust, relieve my feelings to them expecting to hear a sincere advice, share both happiness and the most sorrowful moments without any doubts that you will be left alone with your problems. Only close friends can make you smile and feel better even on the most stressful day. They won’t let you feel miserable and depressed, insistently trying to cheer you up as much as it’s possible!


I personally think it would be very lonely. A friend is someone who shares your values. I wouldn't especially miss friendship if I was feeling low, but if I was happy about something, or if I saw something that I considered beautiful, or if I heard a song that I loved, or read a book or saw a movie that I enjoyed, it would be lonely without someone to share that joy with. You can be happy in different aspects of your life, but an overall happy life I think needs others.


Here’s a short poem on life without friendship:


Life without Friendship


Life without friendship...
is like the dawn without the sun.
Life without friendship...
is like the sky without the moon
when the evening has begun.

Life without friendship...
is like a rose without rain.

Life without friendship...
just wouldn't be the same.

13 comments:

  1. Life without friends is a useless one. Friends are those who make a meaning to your life. They are there to help you, to support you in bad times and to make your life vivid. :) Such a beautiful piece of work i must say. Hats off !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." What best than Cynera to describe it, very nice and expressive, Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. All you wrote is so true. I can’t imagine my life without my Best Friend. I think true friends are really hard to find. So I think one should value his/ her true friends. I love this quote here “ Never take someone for granted hold every person close to your heart cause you might wake up one day and realize that you've lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashish,Clayton and Carla!
    I appreciate it :)) and I'm glad you
    all agree!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you a 100%! I think my life without friends would be incomplete... not having anyone to turn to in times of trouble or happiness. Life without friends would be like an empty vessel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well.. I agree 100% that life without friends are nothing. It is the fact that you NEED a friend to be even stay sane. If you ever watched 'cast away', you will know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl- Thanks for the comment ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fs29 - Thanks for the comment too ! Your right about that !
    well I haven't watched the movie but I'll make sure I do ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well taken verse. Our world revolves around communication and it is what we do with companionship so without it, like fs29 said, some people may be rocked psychologically.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exactly! :D
    I like what you said!
    Thanks for the comment andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life without friends?! I think NOT! LOL seriously speaking, I wouldn't be able to live if that's the case. Coz my life revolves around them! I am a very social person, attending gatherings and occasions are what I love doing and that's also how I love spending my time. Thinking of it life without friends would probably result in networking sites like FACEBOOK, ORKUT, TWITTER etc going bankrupt! HAHAHAHA I'm sure they would not approve the idea of "life without friends"!!! Very well written Cynera! Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA last commenter was funny! XD
    I Agree about the sites and stuff.. hmmmm they wouldn't have anything to work for! and we wouldn't be OH-SO-ADDICTED to these stupid networking sites.. lol

    thanks for all the comments!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your all faggots. Dont rely on others for your happiness, holy crap.

    ReplyDelete